As one of the American cities that ranks very high in terms of quality of life, San Diego is an ideal place for running and jogging. If you choose to purchase real estate for sale in Marina San Diego, you will not have to travel far to find a nice jogging route. Here are 5 of the top spots you should check out.
1. San Diego Convention Center Two-Mile Challenge
The best spot to start this run is at the southeastern corner of Embarcadero Park South. Run toward the bay, turn left, and exit toward Convention Way until you see the Center’s esplanade. Turn left and run around the back of the Convention Center on Harbor Drive, then turn right at the southern end of the center and right again at the Hilton so you can re-enter the park. Bonus challenge: Run up the 100 steps from the esplanade to the top of the Convention Center.
2. Broadway Pier to the Hilton San Diego Bayfront
If you are in the mood for an oceanfront running challenge that lasts five miles, you can start at the Hilton Bayfront or at the Broadway Pier. Here are some of the highlights of this scenic route:
- From the Broadway Pier, head south toward Seaport Village, staying close to the waterline and continuing to the end of Embarcadero Park North.
- Loop around Embarcadero Park North so you can head north on Kettner Boulevard, then turn right on Convention Way. Once you reach the middle of the Convention Center, enter Embarcadero Park South.
- Take a full loop of the park and return to Convention Way. Head south toward the Hilton. This is the 2.56-mile halfway point. If you feel like cheating a little, you can return to the Broadway Pier by running on Harbor Drive, but you will not get the oceanfront views.
3. Three-Mile Downtown Run
If you want a moderate running session with urban and historic sightseeing that you can leisurely complete in an hour, you can start off at Ruocco Park, located at 585 Harbor Lane. Plot the following points in Google Maps or a similar application and start heading west: Harbor Drive pedestrian bridge, San Diego Central Library, the old Santa Fe Train Depot, and Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres. You can stick close to Harbor Drive or cut across the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
4. Balboa Park
If you join a local running club, chances are this iconic park is their preferred meeting spot. One of the most rewarding trails is the Florida Canyon Native Plant Preserve, which runs just under four miles.
5. Mission Bay Park
This gorgeous park is just a few miles north of downtown San Diego and is considered a runner’s paradise. The loop around the entire park is twelve miles long. However, the most popular jogging route is around Fiesta Island, which is a little over four miles.
When living in downtown San Diego, you’ll never run out of new places to explore and get some exercise. There are a wide variety of lofts, penthouses, and condos for sale in Marina San Diego, and you’re sure to find a great home with the help of the real estate experts at 92101 Urban Living. Give us a call today at 619-649-0368 to schedule an appointment. ')}