There are so many things to love about living in Downtown San Diego! In spirit of Valentines Day here is a list of the top 14 reasons to love living in Downtown San Diego.
- Great food. From Middle Eastern cuisine to Asian Fusion there is something for everyone. My personal favorite would be Stella Public House in the East Village.
- Great beer. Great bars with local craft beer on tap to some of the best little shops to buy beer like, the Best Damn Beer Shop, Bottle craft, Stone Tasting Room, and Ballast Point Brewery.
- Beaches. Close access to world famous beaches like Coronado or a quick 20 minute drive up North to the La Jolla Cove.
- Freeway Access. No matter where you are in Downtown there is a direct route to the freeway. Remember “First In, Front Out,” “10th In, 11th Out,” G takes you to the 94 East, and E takes you to the 5 South.
- Walkability. Walk to the grocery store or the movie theater, then to the mall. From work straight to play!
- Views. Great sunsets, city views, East County mountain views, Point Loma, Coronado, and even parts of Mexico.
- Ferry Access. Who wants to drive anymore? Hop on the Ferry and take a ride across the bay to Coronado for a change of scenery.
- Farmers Markets. Saturdays are the day to be in Little Italy for one of the biggest farmers markets in San Diego. Bring your friends or even your dog there is something for everyone.
- Ditch the Gym Membership. Downtown San Diego is an outdoor playground allowing for you to get rid of that gym membership and get outside. Run along the waterfront, walk the convention center stairs, or even use the gym that is in your loft of condo.
- Unlimited happy hours. Monday through Sunday there is a happy hour to go to.
- Five Star Baseball Stadium. Petco Park is right in your backyard and is home to the San Diego Padres, monster truck events, concerts, and more! If you live at Icon or the Legend your condo practically comes with Season Tickets to the Padres games.
- Airport. For those who frequently travel, the airport is so close making it easy to get in and out very quickly.
- Cruise Ships. Looking to travel? Book a cruise and practically walk out your front door to hop on the ship.
- Comic Con. One of the most exciting times in Downtown, when you can get a years worth of people watching in just a couple days. San Diego is jam packed with celebs, vacationers, and mega comic fans!