The Hotel Indigo in the Gaslamp District in Downtown San Diego will be the 1st hotel to be LEED Certified in Southern California. LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. The Hotel Indigo is LEEDing the charge by:
- Eco-Roof. The rooftop and a portion of the Phi Terrace are planted with native plants to cut down on energy usage and eliminate storm water run off.
- Parking discounts for guests driving Hybrid vehicles.
- Showers and Bike racks to encourage/assist their staff in utilizing alternative transportation.
- Recyclable materials utilized in the construction of the hotel.
- Off site laundry services are being utilized to reduce energy costs and increase water efficiencies.
Hotel Indigo is a part of the local Art and Culture Community. Each guest room features a wall mural with images of native San Diego plant life, waterscapes, and flowers photographed by Ian Cummings, a local artist. In addition a 40 feet glass mural depicting the waves of the Pacific Ocean designed by Lisa Schirmer dresses the exterior of the hotel.
The Hotel Indigo is completely pet friendly! There is no additional pet fee or deposit and no size restrictions on you pet. Join Hotel Indigo for their Canine Cocktails, coming this fall Every Tuesday from 6.00 – 9.30, starting after Labor Day. Proceeds benefit the San Diego Humane Society.
To read our former blog about Hotel Indigo visit “Now Open! Hotel Indigo in the Gaslamp District in Downtown San Diego!” and for the Hotel Website click here. ')}