San Diego is a great city with vibrant nightlife, excellent employment opportunities and beautiful condos and lofts. However, one thing that concerns many of the potential downtown residents is parking. As with any city, parking spaces can be few and far between, and parking meters on a majority of the streets can further complicate the situation.
The following guide, provided by the Downtown San Diego real estate agents at 92101 Urban Living, will help you find an affordable monthly parking spot only a few minutes walk from your new residence, regardless of which part of the downtown area you decide to move to.
Popular Downtown Neighborhoods & Parking Lots
The Marina is a centrally-located district that is home to the convention center, a number of office buildings and upscale restaurants.
- ABM Parking Services – Located at 352 2nd Avenue between J Street and Island Avenue, this lot offers 24 hour parking for $180 per month. It is an outdoor lot with 24 hour security on site.
Conveniently located near the airport, Little Italy is home to many restaurants and boutique shops.
- PREMIUM Parking– This open-air lot is located right off the 5 Freeway at 148 West Cedar Street. You can park here 24 hours a day for monthly rate of $160
Cortez Hill is nestled between the rest of downtown San Diego and Balboa Park. This area is great for families because of its proximity to museums and the San Diego Zoo.
- ABM Parking Services– This lot, located at 1032 A Street between 11th Avenue and 10th Avenue is accessible 24 hours a day. While the lot only has a capacity of 44 cars, the monthly rate is $125, one of the most affordable options in the area.
Gaslamp is a small subsection of downtown real estate nestled between the Martin Luther King Boulevard Promenade and Broadway. The area is well known for its exciting night life, bars and restaurants.
- The Solamar Hotel– This hotel offers indoor valet parking and is located at 435 6th Avenue, between J Street and Island Avenue. Customers can purchase a monthly spot here for only $135.
The East Village is one of the largest subsections of downtown San Diego. Residents who live here will have easy access to the 5 Freeway, West Harbor Drive and three trolley stations along the blue and orange lines.
- ABM Parking Services– Located at 1319 J Street between 13th Street and 14th Street, this 24 hour outdoor lot offers parking spaces for $110 per month.
Core-Columbia is one of the most active area in San Diego. From corporate office buildings and restaurants to bars and clubs, this area is the perfect place for any busy professional working downtown.
- LAZ Parking– Monthly parking in this part of town costs $210 per month on average. LAZ Parking, however, maintains an outdoor, 24 hour location at 577 West A Street between Columbia Street and India Street for $170 per month. It is a self-park lot with 24 hour security on site.
If you’re looking for condos or lofts for sale in Downtown San Diego and are interested in learning more about the area, such as where to park, the best places for nightlife and the top full-service buildings in the area, reach out to the experienced real estate agents at 92101 Urban Living. We specialize in the downtown district and can help you find the perfect condo, loft or penthouse for your needs, style and budget. Call us today at 619-649-0368 for more information. ')}