Downtown San Diego attracts a spectrum of people, from college students to well-established professionals, who are eager to make the city home. Yet, if you’re a San Diego native, it’s easy to pick a new transplant from the crowd. For those who just moved into a Downtown San Diego condo, learn what you may be doing that pegs you as a newcomer.
- You clearly need to work on your tan. Walking down the streets, you’ll notice everyone, even those with a full-time job, are a beautiful shade of bronze and have clearly found time to soak up the rays. You likely have some serious catching up to do, but fortunately, it won’t be too hard.
- You’ve eaten out every night this week. Your belly might be happy, but your wallet feels otherwise. Whether you’re craving authentic Italian cuisine near your Little Italy condo, or you’re headed toward the marina to enjoy the view while savoring fresh seafood, the hundreds of dining options in the downtown district make it difficult to stay in for the new San Diegan.
- You ordered a generic, nationally recognized beer. You like to kick back with a Corona or Heineken, so what? San Diego County is home to more than 100 craft breweries, and many local establishments highlight their favorites, even pairing local beers with specially made menu items. Put down that mediocre drink. Hop on the San Diego craft beer train and never look back.
- You’ve accumulated an embarrassing amount of parking tickets. It can be hard to keep up with the parking rules in Downtown San Diego, so don’t feel bad if you’ve already gotten a few too many street sweeping tickets. You’ll get the hang of it.
- You’re the only one in the ocean after it rains. So what it rained yesterday? Today’s a beautiful day, but you’re the only one frolicking in the ocean. Ask around and see why, but next time, we recommend you wait closer to 72 hours after it rains before going for a swim.
- You can’t stop talking about the sunsets. We don’t want to say that people are jaded by a good San Diego sunset, but we’re fortunate to see vibrant colors across the sky on a pretty regular basis. Put the camera down. It’s much better in real life.
- You’ve never heard of a California burrito. A rite of passage for any newcomer is ordering a California burrito. Don’t ask what it is, just embrace the fact that they’re hard to find anywhere else. And yes, those are French fries.
Are you guilty of any or all of the above? Maybe you’re thinking about moving into a new Downtown San Diego loft and want to make sure you blend in with the crowd. Either way, if you’re interested in learning more about the area or purchasing real estate in Downtown San Diego, don’t hesitate to call the property experts at 92101 Urban Living. With an office in the heart of Downtown San Diego, you can be sure that we’ll show you the best local property that meets your every need. Call 619-649-0368 for more information. ')}